What We Do
We meet every Friday morning (except public holidays and between Christmas and New Year) between 10:00 am and midday in the McAlpine Room in the War Memorial Hall, on the corner of Albert and High Streets, Rangiora - see the location map.
About our meetings
You are never late - come and go as you are able.
Childcare staff and volunteers offer a childminding service on site to enable mothers to attend the group sessions.
The sessions are facilitated by women with mid-wifery / counselling backgrounds. The sessions are relaxed and informal, although structured.
Facilitators present the session, which begins with a 'check-in' from all present, inviting you to say as little or as much as you wish. Check-in is followed by the topic, group discussion, or a guest speaker; or one-on-one if requested.
Topics for Discussion include:
- What's going on for you?
- How to deal with changes and new roles
- How to increase self awareness
- How to look after yourself
- Day to day experiences with babies
- Tiredness and depression
- Birth experiences
- Sibling adaptability
- Child safety
- And anything else you might like to talk about.
What Mothers Say About Us
- "When I suffered from post-natal depression, the group offered me wonderful support".
- "It's a place to make friends".
- "When things were tough for me they were helpful and caring".
- "Without them would still be lost".
- "I found them a safe, loving, nurturing, non-judgemental gorup".
- "I enjoyed the closeness, friendship and acceptance".
- "My children enjoyed the company of otheres".
- "I met others with common interests".
- "Being new in town, I found it very supportive".
- "The Friday session has become an essential part of my week. I continue to drw strength and guidance from the group".
- "MSM is not just another mothers coffee group. We are honest about the highs and lows of being a mother".
- "The childcare volunteers are brilliant with the little ones. I know my baby is in good hands".